Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is an amazing dessert that can be served in a variety of ways. It is perfect for sundaes with hot fudge and whipped cream It is equally delicious scooped onto a hot slice of fresh apple pie! My kids went crazy for this and will be forever spoiled for ice cream in the future! It may be hard to pawn off store bought ice cream for our next night of make your own sundaes! You may also love VANILLA BEAN SUGAR COOKIES and Vanilla Cheesecake Squares.
You may need:
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ⅔ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean
- Heat the cream, sugar, vanilla, and vanilla seeds in a small saucepan just until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into a bowl, cover and chill overnight.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and churn according to directions.
- Spoon into a freezer container and allow to chill in the freezer for a few hours.
- Let soften a bit before serving.
Adapted from Ina Garten