Hot Chocolate Bombs With Spirits
These hot chocolate bombs are strictly for the grown-ups and should definitely make a debut on New Year’s Eve! You can fill small pipettes with the alcohol of your choice. I used two per bombs and we opted for Bailey’s and Skrewball. The skrewball tastes like a peanut butter cup!
I bought my pipettes on Amazon –> Here.
I used 2 1/2 inch molds for these hot chocolate bombs. This came as one mold.
I love to use Merckens Chocolates. Ghirardelli disks are also delish and can be found in Target. I would not recommend the disks found in craft stores for this recipe.
For the perfect New Year’s Eve Hot Chocolate Bomb you will need some edible gold luster dust! Brush it on using a big (and unused) blush brush
- Merckens milk chocolate
- Mini marshmallows
- hot cocoa mix (can use from packets or a canister)
- milk (smaller bombs need 1 c. milk and the larger needed almost 1½ c.)
- decor: chopped candies, icing candies, sprinklles, chopped cookies, etc
- 4 ml pipettes, 1-2 per bomb
- Melt chocolate in the microwave until smooth.
- Pour into the molds and spread to coat. Do not fill entirely as you want them to be hollow. Use a spoon to help guide the chocolate.
- Chill in fridge at least 10 mins or until they easily pop out.
- On one half, sprinkle in the cocoa mix and load on some marshmallows.
- Use some of the extra melted chocolate to brush on the edges and seal the two halves together.
- (OR use a hot plate, and rub edge of the empty half of chocolate onto the plate to slightly melt. Then connect to the other half.)
- Drizzle on some melted chocolates and add your toppings.
- Let set.
- Once dry, use a toothpick to make a hole where you want your pipette.
- Stick in the pipette while empty to make sure it fits.
- Fill pipette with spirit of your choice and insert into the bomb.
- They can be wrapped in cello at this point to gift if you'd like.
- Heat milk to just about boiling,
- Place bomb in mug.
- Remove pipette(s) and squeeze spirit over the bomb.
- Pour on the hot milk until it cracks open!
- Stir and enjoy!