Layered Cookie Bars
Chocolate, peanut butter, marshmallows, cookie dough…these layered cookie bars have it going on! With one pound of chocolate inside, you can’t go wrong. I used the huge 17 ounce bar from Trader Joe’s and gave the spare ounce to my kids who were eyeing it! You may also love Layered Cheesecake Bars, Layered S’mores Bars, and The Ultimate Layered Cookie Bar!
- 8 T. softened butter
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1¾ c. flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ c. white chocolate chips
- 1 pound semi sweet chocolate bar
- 1 c. peanut butter
- ⅓c. graham cracker crumbs
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- Line 8 inch square pan with nonstick foil.
- Beat butter and sugar till creamy.
- Add egg.
- Add flour and baking soda.
- Stir in chips.
- Press ⅔ into pan,
- Lay chocolate on top-break in pieces if you need to help it fit.
- Spread peanut butter on top.
- Sprinkle on graham crumbs.
- Carefully spread on the marshmallow. Lightly put water on finger tips to help spread it.
- Take pieces of the extra cookie dough and flatten in hands. Place on top of marshmallow trying to cover most.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Let it cool to room temp.
- Then chill for hours before cutting.
Adapted from Averie Cooks….you can buy her book here!