Layered Cheesecake Bars
These layered cheesecake bars not only make a beautiful presentation but they also taste amazing. All of you Nutella lovers are going to love this one. The cheesecake is actually easier than it looks because it is only one batter. The trick comes when you add Nutella to a portion of the batter. I used a graham cracker crust for my bars but you could also crush up oreos and make an Oreo crust! That would also be fabulous. You can top your bars with hot fudge, chocolate sauce, chopped nuts or even whipped cream. Feeling less fancy? Keep them plain and straight forward!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 T. butter, melted
- 16 ounces room temp cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup + 1 T. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ⅓ cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line 8×8 baking pan with nonstick foil.
- Mix crumbs and butter and press into bottom of pan.
- Bake 10-12 and let cool.
- Beat cream cheese, eggs, sugar, ¼ cup heavy cream, and vanilla.
- Set aside ⅔ of this mixture.
- Add the Nutella and remaining 1 tablespoon of heavy cream to the mixer.
- Spread the plain cheesecake batter over the crust very carefully.
- Then spread on the Nutella batter.
- Bake 35 mins and chill.
- I topped mine with chocolate sauce and chopped nuts.
Adapted from Tide and Thyme