Turn the oven on and break out the bananas…today we are roasting them until the peels turn black!!! Just wait until you taste how sweet your bread will be!!!
Roasted Banana Bread
- 5 bananas peels still on
- 2 c. flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- ½ c. melted butter
- Optional: melted chocolate chips for drizzle and raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line pan with foil and prick banana peels with a fork.
- Bake 20 minutes and cool. Peels will be black! Let cool and measure out 1 1/2 cups mashed banana to use for recipe.
- Grease bottom of 9x5 loaf pan.
- Stir together egg, sugar and butter.
- Add mashed banana and combine.
- Add all dry ingredients and fold together just until combined.
- Bake 55-60 minutes.
- Cool 10 mins. in pan and then remove to cool completely on a rack before slicing.
- If desired, drizzle bread with melted chocolate chips and raspberries!