Maple Syrup Chicken
This weeknight dinner will have your family smiling and eating up a storm. Not only is this maple syrup chicken simple to prepare but it is tasty, too!
You may also love:
- Maple Syrup Chicken
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 bone in/skin on chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (I USED ROSEMARY)
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 400º. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. A
- dd chicken to pan, and sauté on both sides till nicely browned.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add broth, maple syrup, thyme and garlic.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently for a couple minutes.
- Add vinegar and mustard and cook for another minute.
- Place chicken in baking dish, pour any sauce over chicken, and bake for 30 minutes or till chicken is cooked through. Serves six.
FOR THE GREEN BEANS I TRIMMED SOME FRESH BEANS AND RESERVED SOME SAUCE FROM THE CHICKEN IN THE PAN. I COOKED THEM IN THE SAUCE FOR A FEW MINS. THROW IN SOME ALMONDS, TOO!