Peanut Butter Marshmallow Brownies
These peanut butter brownies are next level with the addition of marshmallow melted into the frosting. These received raved reviews and they freeze beautifully making them a great make-ahead treat!
You may need:
- 1 cup salted butter
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 4 leggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 16-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 10 large marshmallows
- 4 c. powdered sugar, sifted
- ⅓ c. whole milk
- ¼ c. unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line 9x13 pan with nonstick foil.
- In a small pot, melt the butter and cocoa on low.
- Cool 5 mins.
- In a mixer, combine sugar, flour, salt.
- Add the melted butter/cocoa, beating 2 mins.
- Add one egg at a time and then the vanilla.
- Spread in the pan and bake 22-25 mins. (Until a tester comes out with a few moist crumbs)
- Cool completely.
- Microwave the peanut butter and spread on the cooled brownies. Freeze 30 mins.
- In a medium pot, melt butter and marshmallows on medium.
- Add powdered sugar, milk, and cocoa, stirring smooth,
- Pour onto the peanut butter layer and freeze again 30 mins.
- Cut into squares and keep chilled.
Adapted from Joanna Gaines