This cheesecake is a show stopper and it will be tough to keep the kids away from it! It is such a fun dessert to serve for Easter! Just make sure you save a big slice for the Easter bunny to enjoy! You can use any sprinkles you want…I went with spring colored hearts! You may also love Peeps Brownies and Peep Pretzels. Cheesecake was adapted from Say_Cheesecake-check out her Insta! You will LOVE it!!!
You may need:
Fat Daddio’s 6 inch removable bottom cheesecake pan
- 1½c. Oreo crumbs
- 3-4 T. melted butter (just so crumbs hold together well: I used 4T)
- 2T. sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 80 grams sour cream, room temperature
- 1 T. heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 T. vanilla
- 140 g. granulated sugar
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- Whipped Cream
- 2 c. cold heavy cream
- ¼c. powdered sugar
- 1 T. non-fat dry milk powder
- Assorted Peeps
- Colorful sprinkles
- Hot fudge
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray 6x3 removable bottom pan with PAM, line with parchment circle and spray again.
- Mix all ingredients and press into the bottom of pan and up the sides a bit.
- Bake 12 mins and then cool.
- Mix the cream cheese on medium high 4-5 mins until creamy.
- Scrape down the bowl a couple of times.
- Add the sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Mix on low until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- It should be smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs on low just until combined and finish mixing with a spatula.
- Pour it into the cooled crust.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 12 mins and 300 then lower temp to 225.
- Bake 95 mins-do NOT open oven.
- Shut oven off and leave cake in the oven for 1 hour. (Still NO opening)
- Crack oven open a few inches and let cake sit another hour.
- Remove to a rack to cool and then chill in fridge overnight.
- The next day, loosen bottom with fingers to release.
- Place on top of a tall narrow can and pull down sides to release.
- Cover top with plastic wrap, flip over in hand and remove base of pan from the cake and the parchment.
- Place on cake plate and decorate with hot fudge, whipped cream, sprinkles and Peeps!
- Whipped cream
- Beat cream until almost stiff.
- Slowly add sugar.
- Add milk powder.
- Pipe as you like. I used a 1m.
Leave a Reply