You may need:
Prosciutto and Pancetta Chicken Sausage Pizzas
- This is the crust I use every time!
- 1 pack Premio chicken sausage for each pizza-cook in a skillet until just about cooked through don't brown too dark-it will finish cooking in the 500 degree oven.
- Cheeses: I like to use a combo of Havarti and Fontina-both melt very well. then I add a little manchego or Parmiagginao Reggiano if I have it on hand
- Olive oil salt for crust
- Also combine some olive oil and crushed garlic to brush on prebaked crust under cheese.
- chopped parsley
- Pancetta 8 ounces chopped and pan fried crispy or a few slices prosciutto to top pizza
- When ready to make the pizza, preheat oven to 500 degrees with a stone on the rack. The rack should be in the second highest position.
- Lay one crust on a parchment round and use a rolling pin to make a 13 inch circle.
- Dock the bottom and brush on 1 T. olive oil and a sprinkle of kosher salt.
- Bake 4 minutes and use a peel to help you remove parchment. Continue baking an additional 4-6 mins.
- Remove crust (now I like ti flip it over!) top with garlic/oil, cheeses, sausage pieces and bake another 8-10 mins.
- Top with pancetta or prosciutto when done.
- *Note-cooking times vary depending on type of stone. My pampered chef stone requires a longer oven time than my lodge stone.
This pizza below was also amazing! Used garlic sauce, chicken sausage, Havarti cheese and caramelized onions topped with pancetta! A new trick I have is after prebaking the oiled/salted crust I flip it over before adding the toppings!
- 1 T. butter
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 T. flour
- ¾ cups hot milk
- 2 T. Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter and add the garlic to saute.
- Slowly add flour in 2-3 additions.
- Slowly whisk in milk to keep it smooth.
- Add Parmesan cheese, bring it up to a simmer and stir until thickened.
- Taste to see if salt is even needed-may not from the Parmesan!