Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake is pretty insane. Especially, when it is dripping with cream cheese frosting. This recipe comes from Oh, Bite it. That is one fun blog. You have to check it out just so you can oooh and ahhh hover her amazing creations! Never will you find a boring recipe. Quite the opposite, they are exciting adventurous and 100% drool worthy. Just like this red velvet oreo cheesecake which does not disappoint!
- 1 box of Red Velvet cake mix
- 50 Oreo cookies
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- 24 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1-16 oz. container of cream cheese frosting..softened in the microwave
- Grease 8 inch springform pan and line with parchment. Preheat oven 350.
- Crush oreos in food processor. Add butter and press in pan. (if crumbs don't press together add drop more butter.) Next time I will try halving the crust amounts for a thinner crust .
- Prepare cake mix and pour ¾ of it over crust. Bake 20 minutes and remove. While it is baking prepare cheesecake by beating ingredients.
- Pour into center of cake and it will sink right down. I did NOT use all of the cheesecake batter. Save some for mini cheesecakes or it may overflow. Return to the oven on a cookie sheet (in case of overflow-mine did not overflow but better safe!)
- Bake 40-50 minutes until cheesecake baked. Toward end of baking, lightly cover with foil so cake does not over bake.
- Cool to room temp.
- Chill until cold overnight.
- Heat frosting in microwave and pour over cake!
Adapted from Oh, Bite It