Your weekend breakfast is about to get a whole lot better! How about some sausage stuffed french toast sticks!? These are crazy delicious and actually pretty easy! You can use any sausage flavor you like….I went with brown sugar and honey. Yup, that was one of those good decisions! It is important to use the rolling pin on your bread. You want the slices nice and thin for rolling and this helps them fry up beautifully, too! Nice and crisp! I topped mine off at the end with some “LOVE”…..a dusting of cinnamon and powdered sugar! Hope you enjoy!
Sausage Stuffed French Toast
- 10 slices soft white bread- I used Pepperidge Farm (remove crusts and roll flat with a rolling pin)
- 10 cooked sausage links (I used brown sugar & honey links!)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Lay one sausage link on the edge of each bread slice and roll up tightly.
- Heat skillet with some butter on medium.
- In a square pyrex, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and flour.
- Dip each roll-up into the egg completely and cook in butter until golden on all sides.
- Serve with syrup.
Adapted from Tastes Better From Scratch