These are so awesome and would be just perfect for Easter!!! Soft baked and frosted to perfection! Check out the secret ingredient in these….cornstarch!!
Click here to stock up on cornstarch-our secret ingredient!
Cool Cookie Sheets Here!
Click here for Parchment Paper!
Fabulous Frosted Sugar Cookies
- 2½ cups cake flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup salted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup crisco shortening, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ - 3 Tbsp half-and-half
- food coloring, optional
- sprinkles, if desired
- Beat butter, crisco and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add egg and egg white.
- Add vanilla.
- On low, add the cake flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt until a dough forms.
- Roll ¼ dough into a ball and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle tops with a drop of flour and use a glass to press dough down into ½ inch thickness.
- Bake 9-11 minutes at 375 degrees and then cool before frosting.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and half and half until the right consistency.
- Add drop of food color if you want.
- Frost and top with sprinkles if desired.
Adapted from Cooking Classy -thanks for this awesome recipe!
Leave a Reply