I admit it, I love brownies made from box mixes. There, I said it! My favorite is Betty Crocker. I love to use 2 boxes and bake them together in a 9×13 pan lined with nonstick foil at 350 for exactly 40 minutes. Perfection as is or with a sprinkle of powdered sugar. But sometimes you need more chocolate than a brownie can offer. Sometimes you need to pile on 3 inches of the best chocolate frosting one can make. I’ve got you covered! Shortcut Brownies with Bakery Frosting are a dream come true for chocolate lovers! Feel free to use any brownie recipe that you enjoy. It can be from a box mix or from scratch! Here is the frosting recipe….
Shortcut Brownies with Bakery Frosting
- 1 ½ cups butter room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Beat butter smooth.
- Add sugar and powder on low to incorporate.
- Add heavy cream, vanilla and salt.
- Turn mixer to high and beat 7 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Spread on cooled brownies and chill before cutting.