Spinach Artichoke Quesadilla Recipe
This month I went with Liz’s Spinach Artichoke Quesadillas! There are many quesadilla recipes out there but this one is the best! I used my spinach artichoke dip with mozzarella cheese which was slightly different but you can check out her Liz’s Recipe here. I love how she pan fried the tortillas with some cheese and filled them with such a marvelous dip. Just brilliant and the perfect appetizer! I use frozen spinach but baby spinach in your dip would be great, too.
For an optional twist, I have also added grilled shrimp to these making them a fabulous dinner! I use flour tortillas when making this and pan fry them over medium heat. You can fold a half of the tortilla or use 2 to sandwich in your mixture . Making the dip ahead (which is a quick stir) of time and parking it in the fridge will cut your prep time! Then the total time spent will just be on frying up these goodies. If you make them, tag me on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook. Ignore all calories in these because they are worth every single one! You may want to serve these with a large bowl of sour cream on the side hot off the griddle!
You May Need:
- soft tortillas
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped coarsely
- 9 ounce box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed well to drain
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- a sprinkle of salt (can omit and add at end in case it's salty enough for you)
- ½ cup shredded cheese (I used mozzarella)
- Mix in a bowl the mayo, parmesan, artichokes, garlic, spinach and salt.
- Spread into a small casserole dish and bake 15 mins at 400 degrees.
- Heat a large frying pan (I used a 17 inch cast iron) and melt 2 T. butter or olive oil (or a smaller pan, use 1 T.)
- Lay down 3 tortillas and top each with some shredded cheese.
- Spread spinach artichoke dip over the cheese and top with another tortilla.
- Cook until bottom is golden then flip carefully and pan fry the second side.
- Let sit a few minutes before cutting into quesadilla pieces.