Luckily it is time for another month of Two Sweetie Pies! Another month of 2 Sweetie Pies with That Skinny Chick Can Bake means another wonderful dessert! Always a success when you bake from Liz’s blog! Each month we bake up a recipe from each other and keep it a secret until reveal day! Super fun! Make sure you pop over to visit Liz and see which Hugs & Cookies recipe she chose this month.
This month I went with Liz’s Berry Tiramisu because how can you not love a new version of tiramisu! It did not disappoint. A rich, creamy filling with Grand Marnier and ladyfingers! Thanks once again Liz for a fabulous dessert!
You can visit Liz on her social media channels here:
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup Grand Marnier
- 6 egg yolks
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- 1 pound mascarpone cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 3-ounce packages of ladyfingers (sponge cake variety)
- 16 ounces strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Make Grand Marnier syrup by combining sugar and water in a saucepan and heating, stirring occasionally, till sugar is dissolved.
- Add Grand Marnier and cool to room temperature.
- Heat the egg yolks and the ¾ cup sugar in a double boiler, whisking constantly until thick and doubled in volume.
- Remove from the heat and continue whisking for a minute.
- Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl, beat the heavy cream, mascarpone and vanilla till thick and smooth.
- Add the yolks and fold together till well combined. Set aside.
- Dip one ladyfinger at a time into the syrup and lay on the bottom of a medium-sized baking dish. Layer with half the custard, then arrange about ¾ of the strawberry slices over the custard.
- Repeat with a second layer of soaked ladyfingers and then top with the remaining custard.
- Chill for several hours before serving.
- Scoop out spoonfuls of tiramisu to serve.