These swig sugar cookies are amazing! I came across this recipe at Bake. Eat. Repeat and I am so glad I found it! Have you heard of a swig cookie before? Well, sugar cookies are awesome but when frosted with PINK icing they are the BEST! This is a very delicious cookie. Crispy edges, soft centers and the perfect balance of crunch and sweetness! Bake some up some swig sugar cookies for your family today!
Swig Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup Butter
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Cream Of Tartar
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons Milk
- 1-2 drops Red Food Coloring, Optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, oil, sugar, powdered sugar, water, eggs, and vanilla until smooth and well combined. Add the dry ingredients slowly to incorporate.
- Roll into balls.and lay on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silpat.
- Dip the bottom of a glass some sugar and press down on each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until the bottom is lightly browned.
- Beat butter, sour cream, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the powdered sugar slowly and milk until the right consistency.
- Add coloring and frost cookies.