- 8 T. butter, soft
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoon flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 7 oz Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ⅔ cup milk chocolate chips
- Optional: coarse sea salt and mini twix bars for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In mixer, cream butter, oil, sugars to combine.
- Add egg and vanilla, mixing.
- Add in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt until a dough has formed.
- Divide into 10 equal pieces and roll into balls. (2.5 ounces each)
- Place on parchment and press down with the bottom of a measuring cup.
- Bake 10-13 mins until bottoms get slightly golden.
- When I removed them I pressed down on the centers again with the measuring cup to create room for the caramel.
- Let cool.
- Melt cream and caramels gently in microwave. let cool and chill in fridge a few mins to thicken.
- Spread into the centers and let set a few mins.
- Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave and use an offset spatula to spread on top of the caramel.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt, if desired and a mini twix bar,
- Can serve room temp or chilled.
Adapted from Crumbl