Debbie’s Famous Waffles
Debbie’s waffles just became famous in our house today and will remain that way going forward. My friend Debbie has been making these for years and I finally got on board. Not sure why in the world I waited so long. These are made with yeast and rest overnight giving them a fabulous, developed flavor that compares to the restaurant version! We have topped them with caramel & ice cream, chocolate sauce and sprinkles and my fave…maple syrup and whipped cream!
You may need:
Debbie's Famous Waffles
- ½ c. warm water
- 2 ¼ tsp. dry yeast
- 2 c. milk
- 8 T. soft butter
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 c. flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- In a mixer, combine water and yeast and let sit 5 mins.
- Add the milk, butter, salt and flour. Beat until smooth and blended.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let this sit at room temp overnight!
- Just before making the waffles, beat in the eggs and baking soda.
- Brush melted butter on your hot waffle iron and mine required about 1 c. batter.
- Check your iron directions so it doesn't overflow.