This dinner was AMAZING!!!! To make it gluten free, I used Scharr brand bread crumbs but you can certainly use regular bread crumbs if you’re not gluten free. Use your favorite sauce-homemade or jarred. I used Market Pantry brand from Target and was shocked by how delish it was!!!!
Hugs & Cookies Meatball Ingredients:
- 1½ pounds meatloaf mix (beef, pork, veal combo)
- 4 cloves garlic-roughly chopped, not minced
- a handful of chopped parsley
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I used Scharr brand)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (not grated)
- 2 eggs
- salt to taste
- Sauce of your choice (approx two 24-oz jars)
- Mozzarella cheese to top it off with!
- Mix all of the above ingredients and form your meatballs-not too lage. I made 32 meatballs. Pan fry to brown them. Don't worry about cooking them through-they will finish cooking in the oven. Preheat oven to 375.
- Pour some sauce in the bottom of your dish(es). I used the 2 decorative ceramic dishes pictured above or you could use one 9x13. Lay meatballs on top of the sauce. Cover with more sauce and dress the top up with lots of mozzarella! It should be covered with cheese!!! Cover with foil and bake for 20 mins. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 mins or until meatballs are cooked through (depending on size you make them.)
Serve this sauce and meatballs right over some spaghetti pie muffins!!!
TIP: This would freeze really well! Make an extra batch and freeze for a busy work night!!!