HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG WITH A NAME LIKE THIS? YOU CAN’T! THESE BARS FROM LOVE AND OLIVE OIL WERE INSANE! THE ONLY CHANGE I MADE WAS TO USE MY HOMEMADE SALTED CARAMEL INSTEAD OF THE WRAPPED KIND. THESE BARS WERE IN A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN AND I CAN’T STOP EATING THEM! HELP!!!! YOU CAN BUY THIS COOKBOOK HERE….I HAVE ABOUT 15 MORE RECIPES I AM GEARING UP TO BAKE FROM IT!! Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars
Yield: 16 bars
Use 1 roll Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough or Make Homemade Shortbread:
1/3 cup SOFT butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
For the Caramel I used 7 ounces from this recipe but the original calls for:
7 ounces soft caramel candies (about 25 candies), unwrapped
2 tablespoons heavy cream
For the Cookie Dough:
½ cup soft butter ( I actually messed this part up and only used about 4T. but I liked it that way lol ….I used just enough to hold it all together and pressed it onto the caramel layer rather than “spread” it. Will definitely make it this way again-was perfect for us!!!)
½ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 T. heavy cream
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
For the Chocolate Glaze:
4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with nonstick foil.
2. Make the Shortbread: Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and salt. Add flour and combine. May be crumbly. Press into pan and poke with a fork. Bake 18 to 22 minutes….want it to brown a bit so will be crispy later! Let cool. (If using Pillsbury, bake at this point as directed in this step.)
3. Make the Caramel Layer: follow link above to homemade caramel and measure out 7 ounces or microwave the caramels and cream gently until smooth. Pour hot caramel on crust and stick in freezer until firm.
4. Make the Cookie Dough: Combine the butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl and beat, Add the cream and vanilla, Add the flour and salt until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spread the cookie dough on top of the caramel using a spatula to smooth it evenly. Freeze again.
5. Make the Chocolate Glaze: In a small bowl, combine the chocolate and butter and microwave on 50% power in 30-second increments until smooth. Spread the glaze over the cookie dough layer and freeze until set.
6. Cut into bars! freeze really well!!!! Won’t last that long……so delish they will be gobbled up! Like what you see? Click on the “pin it” button to pin to pinterest! xo
(Recipe adapted from The Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook)
You May Love These, Too! XOXO