Luckily it is time for another month of Two Sweetie Pies! Another month of 2 Sweetie Pies with That Skinny Chick Can Bake means another wonderful dessert! Always a success when you bake from Liz’s blog! Each month we bake up a recipe from each other and keep it a secret until reveal day! Super fun! Make sure you pop over to visit Liz and see which Hugs & Cookies recipe she chose this month.
This month I went with Liz’s Lemon Streusel Bars. These were a hit with all the lemon lovers and adding some white chocolate didn’t hurt either. Of course, the bars stand up on their own so the white chocolate is completely optional! Liz used meyer lemons so if you can get your hands on some, go for it! For this version, I used regular lemons.
Thanks once again Liz for a fabulous dessert!
You can visit Liz on her social media channels here:
- 2 cups flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 eggs, whisked together
- 1¼ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick (1/2 cup), butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1¼ cups sugar
- melted white chocolate for garnish, if desired.
- Line 9 x 13 pan with nonstick foil.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- To make the crust, combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a mixer.
- On low, beat in butter to make crumbles.
- Add eggs and mix into a dough.
- Press into pan.
- Bake 10 mins and cool.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add melted butter and combine with a rubber spatula.
- Spread out on baking sheet, breaking into small crumbs.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, till golden brown.
- Whisk eggs and zest in a bowl.
- Mix lemon juice and sugar in another bowl to dissolve sugar.
- Stir egg and juice mixtures together.
- Pour over crust and bake 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with crumb topping and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, then cut into bars.
- Drizzle with white chocolate, if desired.