Black Forest Cheesecake
This Black Forest Cheesecake is out of control. If you love cheesecake, chocolate and cherries then you need this in your life! The cheesecake starts with a crispy and wonderful Oreo crust. I knew it was going to be a winner right there! Then, it is topped with a rich, chocolate cheesecake. Mound on some cherries, whipped cream and chocolate shavings and there you have a show stopper!
You may need:
- 24 Oreos, in food processor crushed
- 4 T. melted butter
- 1 T. sugar
- 10 ounces semisweet chips (Ghirardelli), melted and cooled a bit
- 32 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1¼ c. ugar
- ¼ cup unsweet. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix oreos crumbs, butter and sugar.
- Press into bottom 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake 5 mins and cool.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, cocoa, and vanilla.
- Add eggs.
- Pour in melted chocolate.
- Pour over crust and bake 50-60 mins.
- Shut oven off and crack oven door to cool the cheesecake.
- Take it out of the oven and run a knife around edges.
- Let cool to room temp and chill several hours or over night.
- Top with pie filling-placing most in center.
- Pipe on whipped cream.
- Whip cream, sugar and vanilla to stiff peaks.
Adapted from House of Nash Eats
You may also enjoy:
Another idea is to make some chocolate curls like this….