Blueberry Cream Cheese Overnight Brioche French Toast Casserole is the most ridiculous breakfast you can serve in the best way! It is absolutely outrageous and a real show stopper. You serve it drizzled with a homemade blueberry sauce on top which puts it right over the edge. Oh, and don’t forget the whipped cream as you guild the lily!
Blueberry Cream Cheese Overnight Brioche French Toast Casserole
- 1 loaf brioche I found mine at Trader Joe's
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 8 oz cream cheese cubed
- 2 T. sugar for sprinkling on top
- 1 cup water plus a few extra tablespoons
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- whipped cream for serving
- Cut the bread into bite size cubes and lay half of them in 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Top with half the cream cheese cubes and half the berries.
- Lay on the rest of the bread, the rest of the cream cheese and the last of the berries.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, cream and salt.
- Pour this over the bread and lightly press down.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 375.
- Remove plastic and sprinkle the top with the sugar.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 30 more mins.
- Serve with blueberry sauce and whipped cream.
- In a small pot combine sugar, water and cornstarch.
- Bring to a simmer and add berries.
- Cook 10 mins and add a little more water of too thick,
Adapted From Laughing Spatula…..check out this amazing blog