Blueberry Cream Cheese Overnight Brioche French Toast Casserole is the most ridiculous breakfast you can serve in the best way! It is absolutely outrageous and a real show stopper. You serve it drizzled with a homemade blueberry sauce on top which puts it right over the edge. Oh, and don’t forget the whipped cream as you guild the lily!
9×13 Casserole Dish
Blueberry Cream Cheese Overnight Brioche French Toast Casserole
- 1 loaf brioche (I found mine at Trader Joe's)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 8 oz cream cheese cubed
- 2 T. sugar for sprinkling on top
- 1 cup water (plus a few extra tablespoons)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- whipped cream for serving
- Cut the bread into bite size cubes and lay half of them in 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Top with half the cream cheese cubes and half the berries.
- Lay on the rest of the bread, the rest of the cream cheese and the last of the berries.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, cream and salt.
- Pour this over the bread and lightly press down.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 375.
- Remove plastic and sprinkle the top with the sugar.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 30 more mins.
- Serve with blueberry sauce and whipped cream.
- In a small pot combine sugar, water and cornstarch.
- Bring to a simmer and add berries.
- Cook 10 mins and add a little more water of too thick,
Adapted From Laughing Spatula…..check out this amazing blog
This looks fabulous! Thank you so much for the mention :). You nailed this!
Hugs & Cookies xoxo says
Thank YOU for the recipe-it was outrageous! I was having work done and gave some to the guys! They thoroughly enjoyed it and said they don’t usually get fed overnight brioche french toast! LOL!!! Good stuff! xoxo
Erin @ Making Memories says
This looks wonderful. I’ve been looking for a breakfast casserole recipe to make for our family beach p and this is it! I can’t wait to make it. Thank you.
Made last night for breakfast this morning. Very good