This cheesecake basically has it ALL! A brownie bottom topped with cheesecake stuffed with homemade chocolate chip cookies….topped with chocolate whipped cream, tons of cookies, truffles and chocolate sauce! Definitely a diet-lovers
dream nightmare! BUT…the good news is just a few bites will satisfy even the greatest sweet tooth, so you can cut small slivers. This cake also freezes beautifully so you can bake it ahead of time. I would just save the whipped cream and decorations for the day you are serving it! Have fun making and eating this brookie cookie truffle brownie cheesecake. You won’t be sorry!Y
Here is a picture of the cookies going into the cheesecake batter! Oh yea!
A Cheesecake Moat-best invention ever for cheesecake lovers!
- 10 T. salted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup flour
- 6 T. unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 24 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 T. flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 T. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups (128g) chopped chocolate chip cookies- I used homemade
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup Oreo crumbs
- 5 chocolate chip cookies, chopped
- 6 Oreos, chopped
- Lindt Truffles to garnish the edges
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a 9-inchspringform pan with a parchment round. Grease the sides well.
- In a bowl, mix butter, sugar, vanilla.
- Add eggs.
- Add all the dry ingredients.
- Pour in pan and bake about 20 mins.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Take the springform pan sides off and wash the brownie crumbs off. Dry it well and place back on the pan with the brownie still inside. Regrease the sides.
- Lower oven to 300.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and flour on low until smooth.
- Add sour cream and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Fold in cookies and chips.
- Pour over the brownie.
- Place inside a cheesecake moat and fill sides with water. (If not create a water bath in a roasting pan.)
- Bake 60 minutes.
- Shut oven heat off and leave cake in oven 30 mins.
- Crack oven door open and let it sit in oven another 30 mins.
- Chill overnight or freeze wrapped well.
- Beat cream, sugar and cocoa to stiff peaks.
- Add cookie crumbs.
- Spread on top of cake and pipe some around the edges.
- Place truffles all around the edges.
- Fill center with chopped chocolate chip cookies and oreos.
- Drizzle on chocolate syrup or fudge.
- Keep chilled and serve at room temp.
Adapted from the wonderful blog… Life, Love and Sugar!