Now THIS is a cheesecake you need to make for your next get together!!! Apple pie lovers will just go crazy! The best part of the pie os the crust and apples. Well, here you get both of those with the added joy of CHEESECAKE in the middle!!!
Cheesecake Moat-Truly the best baking invention ever!!! Great for chocolate cakes, too!
Caramel Apple Pie Cheesecake
- 1 1 /2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 T sugar
- 6 T melted butter
- Four 8-ounce packages PHILADELPHIA cream cheese at room temperature
- 1⅔ cups sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 extra-large eggs
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
Apple Pie Filling
- 4 medium apples I like to use honeycrisp
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Caramel sauce for drizzle
- Combine all ingredients and press into a 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat 1 package of the cream cheese, ⅓ cup of the sugar, and the cornstarch together on low until creamy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl several times.
- Blend in the remaining cream cheese, one package at a time, beating well and scraping down the bowl after each.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat in the remaining sugar, then the vanilla.
- Blend in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in the cream just until completely blended.
- The filling will look light, creamy, airy, and almost like billowy clouds. Be careful not to overmix! Gently spoon the batter over the crust. Wrap the sides of the pan in aluminum foil. (or use a MOAT)
- Place the cake pan in a large shallow pan containing hot water that comes halfway (about 1 inch) up the side of the springform. Bake until the edge is light golden brown, the top is light gold, and the center barely jiggles, about 1¼ hours. If the cake still feels soft around the edge, let it bake for 10 minutes more (the cooking time will be about the same for both the 8- and 9-inch cheesecakes). Remove the cheesecake from the water bath, transfer to a wire rack, and let cool for 2 hours. Chill until cold.
Apple Pie Filling
- Peel apples, core them and slice into small chunks.
- Melt the butter in a pot over medium and add the cinnamon.
- Stir in the apples, sugar & 3 tablespoons water.
- Cover and cook, stirring every few minutes for 7-12 minutes or until slightly soft.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch and water.
- Whisk in this slurry to the pot and cook another 2 minutes or until thick.
- Let cool and pour over cold cheesecake.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce
Cheesecake adapted from Juniors
Pie filling adapted from Spend with Pennies