Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars are all the rage of Autumn! You can top these with jarred caramel sauce to make life easy or you can easily whip up some homemade caramel sauce. Making caramel is easier than you think! Check out my recipe here!
If anyone in your family is not a caramel fan (*GASP*), then you could always just top the bars with some whipped ream and crushed cookies. Mmmm!
- ¾ cup crushed chocolate Nabsico wafer cookies (use food processor)
- 4 T. melted butter
- 16 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1 c. sugar
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 T. flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- Caramel sauce
- whipped cream
- Line an 8x8 pan with nonstick foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix crumbs and butter and press into bottom pf pan.
- Bake 8 minutes,
- Beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla.
- Add flour, spice, salt.
- Mix in eggs.
- Pour on cooled crust.
- Bake approx 35 mins.
- Cool at room temp then refrigerate.
- Cut into squares when cold.
- Top with a mound of whipped cream and caramel sauce.
Adapted from CrunchyCreamySweet