Chicken noodle soup! Hard to beat a good recipe for this comfort food. Whether you prefer skinny or wide noodles, you will love this recipe!
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 (2-lb) rotisserie chicken (GOOD WITH 3 LB COSTCO CHICKEN, TOO!)
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 medium onion, quartered and left unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 10 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth (80 fl oz) (I USED 2C. WATER, 8C. REGULAR BROTH BUT WE ARE SALT LOVERS-USE LESS BROTH AND MORE WATER IF WATCHING SODIUM!!!)
- 4 medium carrots, peeled
- Noodles, cooked separately (I used Schar GF)
- Remove meat from chicken, reserving skin and bones. Coarsely chop 2 celery ribs and put them in a 6- to 8-quart pot along with chicken bones and skin, onion, chicken broth/water, carrots. Simmer, partially covered, 1 hour. While broth is simmering, chop white chicken meat into 1-inch cubes.
- Strain soup, returning carrots and celery to your stock. Discard bones. Add your cooked (and cooled) noodles.
- adapted from epicurious
THIS CHICKEN SOUP IS VERY UNUSUAL AS IT STARTS WITH A ROTISSERIE CHICKEN. THE FLAVOR IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!