6 chicken sausage links, broiled and sliced
1 Tablespoon avocado oil
1 large handful of Kale, chopped
1 onion, roughly sliced/chopped
1 1/2 avocados, sliced
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
8 egg whites
salt & pepper to taste
handful shredded asiago cheese
parsley for garnish
- Heat oil in a skillet and sautee onions and kale about 5-7 minutes until soft. Let cool.
- Whisk eggs & egg whites. Add mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour cooled onions and kale into the egg mixture.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan or line a cake pan with nonstick foil. *Important note* Although, I used the springform this time-I had some leaking egg problems with it and would use a cake pan next time. If you opt for the springform, make sure you it doesn’t leak and wrap it with foil along the bottom. Bake on a sheet pan just in case!!!
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Add the sausage and gently arrange the avocados pressing them into the egg.
- Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes.
- Remove, sprinkle asiago all over the top and return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes. Be sure it is set in the center.
- Garnish with parsley.