Chocolate Chip Devil Dog Cookies
My brother wanted Devil Dogs stuffed in a cookie after he got wind of the Twinkie Stuffed Cookies that I made! He was afraid double chocolate Devil Dog cookie would be too rich, so I made him a chocolate chip version too! I can assure you the double chocolate Devil Dog Stuffed Cookies were NOT too rich but these were equally as delish! So basically, you can’t go wrong with either recipe!
- 16 T. butter, soft
- ¾ c. white sugar
- ¾ c. dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 c, chopped chocolate (Milk chocolate or Semi-sweet) (I used Ghirardelli and Hersheys)
- 3-4 Devil Dogs (Cut into thirds)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, pudding mix, salt and baking soda.
- Grab a large mound of dough (approx ⅓c.) and place the Devil Dog in the center. Roll into a ball and flatten a bit.
- Bake 12-14 mins.
- Let set on pan and then remove to a rack.
Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe adapted from Picky Palate