So easy! So fun! You will be hooked on making these. Don’t say I didn’t warn you! You can turn any cake into an impressive masterpiece with the addition of some chocolate curls. Just don’t tell anyone how easy they were. That will be our little secret! Shhh!!! Just grab some chocolate and some shortening. I know, I know, I normally hate shortening too BUT in some recipes it just works and this is one of them! Use a large sheet pan. I use an old jellyroll pan that I don’t mind scraping in case this technique should do some cosmetic damage! Minor, of course! And oh so worth it!
- 4 ounces Baker's brand semisweet chocolate
- 1 T. Crisco shortening (solid not oil form)
- Combine the chocolate and crisco in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat at 30 second intervals until melted and stir it smooth.
- Pour onto your pan and spread it out evenly with an offset spatula.
- Place in freezer 5 mins.
- Let sit on counter a minute or two and then use a spatula to push the chocolate from one side of the pan to other.
- Press hard and you will see it curl as you push!