Cold Chocolate Snacking Cake
Cold Chocolate Snacking Cake is the perfect refrigerator treat! Just leave it in there and the whole family can enjoy it!
COLD CHOCOLATE SNACKING CAKE
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾c cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10x10 pan with spray (I used coconut oil spray.). Whisk together the dry ingredients. In a different mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla to combine. Add half of the dry ingredients. Add the sour cream and stir again to combine. Add rest of the dry ingredients.
- Pour into the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool.
Frosting: Heat the cream in the microwave until simmering. Add in the chocolate and let it sit for a few minutes. Whisk to combine. Add sifted sugar and cocoa powder and stir until completely smooth. Refrigerate for an hour and then spread it over the cooled cake. Chill in fridge at least 2 hours before cutting!!! Serve cold straight from fridge!
The name alone on these bars sold me! I knew I had to try them…especially with the ganache frosting!!! Thanks to Barefeet in the Kitchen for this one!