When you need a fast and fabulous dessert to feed a crowd, this is it! I made about 16 cream puffs from this recipe and the filling makes enough for you to generously stuff each one. No skimping allowed on the filling because it is THE BEST! This time I piped my shells with a pastry bag but that is definitely not necessary. I usually just use 2 spoons and push the dough onto the cookie sheet! Either way they will look pretty. A nice dusting of powdered sugar finished them off, too! Try these out and see just how simple it is to conquer the cream puff!!!
Mom's Famous Cream Puffs
- 1 stick butter (8 Tablespoons)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1c flour
- MOM'S FAMOUS FILLING:
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 package (3.4 OUNCES) instant vanilla pudding
- ⅓ cup milk
- Makes approx 16
- Bring the butter, sugar, water and vanilla to a boil.
- Add the flour and stir constantly until it leaves the side of the pot and forms a ball.
- Remove and cool.
- Beat in 4 eggs, one at a time until smooth.
- Drop by T. onto parchment lined cookie sheets
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 mins. Reduce to 350 for 15 mins more.
- Remove and immediately make a small slit on the side with a sharp knife to let the steam escape.
- LET COOL.
- Slice in half and pipe or scoop in Mom's filling.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Beat the cream, pudding powder and milk in a mixer until thick like whipped cream!
If you want a chocolate glaze on top….
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- 2T. milk
- Microwave the butter until melted.
- Add chips and cover, let sit one minute.
- Stir and if needed microwave in 1o second increments until melted.
- Whisk in milk.
- Spoon over tops of your puffs.
Nina Wininger says
I just some of the cream puffs that you post and my husband an my good friend said they were yummy thank you 😊