This Four Cheese Drunken Pasta bake was so fun to make. How cool that dry pasta does NOT have to be boiled! It cooked up beautifully in the oven while soaking in a nice amount of red wine and some water. Be sure to use a red wine that you enjoy as the flavor really is prominent in this dish! This recipe was adapted from Half Baked Harvest! What a beautiful blog you will want to visit! Hope you enjoy this four cheese drunken pasta!! It is definitely a winner for the cheese lovers in the world!
Four Cheese Drunken Pasta
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes oil drained but reserved
- 10 ounce package frozen spinach thawed and squeezed (I used arugula instead)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ cup capers optional
- salt and pepper-to taste
- 1 cup red wine that you like!
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 1 ½ cups four cheese combo shredded(Sold at Trader Joes)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese cubed
- several slices fresh mozzarella to top it with after baking!
- fresh parsley chopped for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pour tomatoes into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Add the tomato paste, sun-dried tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of the reserved oil.
- Add spinach (or arugula), garlic, capers, salt/pepper, sine, water.
- Stir it up and add the pasta and cheeses. (Save sliced cheese for later.)
- Push pasta down so it is in the liquid.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover-top with mozzarella and bake 10 more mins to melt cheese.
- Top with chopped parsley.