Fried egg over pasta!! Oooh!!! If you are unsure of the sound of this try it before you shy away. You may surprise yourself. This is a very simple dish to prepare yet presents as a gourmet dish! This was actually the first time I had ever fried an egg…hard to believe, I know! You are going for a nice, soft yolk so you can have that awesome runny factor when your fork hits the egg.
Fried Egg Over Pasta
- 1 pound spaghetti cooked and drained but reserve the cooking water!!!
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 3 cloves garlic crushed and peeled
- 1 T. butter
- 4 T. olive oil
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan grated
- 4 eggs plus a smidge of butter for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, melt 1 T. butter and 1 T. oil over medium.
- Add bread crumbs and stir until browned and crisp.
- Place on a plate.
- Add 3 T. oil to the skillet and the garlic. Cook just until garlic turns golden and remove garlic.
- Add pasta right into the skillet.
- Add the bread crumbs, peas and cheese.
- Stir in the pasta water a little at a time until you have a nice sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the eggs over easy and top each serving with an egg!
Adapted from Two Lucky Spoons