Luckily it is time for another month of Two Sweetie Pies! Another month of 2 Sweetie Pies with That Skinny Chick Can Bake means another wonderful dessert! Always a success when you bake from Liz’s blog! Each month we bake up a recipe from each other and keep it a secret until reveal day! Super fun! Make sure you pop over to visit Liz and see which Hugs & Cookies recipe she chose this month.
This month I went with Liz’s Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars. These ranked very high among my cookie lovers in the house. So simple too because you bake a big batch as opposed to individual cookie batches! Definitely a time saver and with kids isn’t that what we all need?!
Thanks once again Liz for a fabulous dessert!
You can visit Liz on her social media channels here:
Now, let’s talk about the sprinkles I used. Aren’t they just adorable? I found them over at Fancy Sprinkles! They are made for the “modern baker” and you cannot find anything like these in the local stores. I know, because I have looked many times in the past! Well, look no further! They have such an awesome variety and I love the various sizes within each sprinkle container. They have colors for every occasion and some really funky assorted sprinkles! I also love their containers and they offer free shipping! You can visit them at FancySprinkles.com , Instagram or on their Facebook Page.
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg, then vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix till well blended.
- Spread evenly in an 8×8-inch pan lined with nonstick foil.
- Bake 20-22 minutes. Remove to rack to cool completely.
- Beat butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar,vanilla, and cream.
- Beat for 5 minutes.
- Spread on cooled cookies.
- Garnish with sprinkles if desired.