Homemade Chocolate Pudding
This pudding is just fabulous. I am envisioning it in a graham cracker crust next time as a huge pie. You simply cannot go wrong however you decide to serve it up! I highly recommend using the whipped cream recipe below. It is my copycat Cheesecake Factory recipe and it rocks! You will not be disappointed! You may also like Chocolate Pudding Pie and Caramel Bread Pudding.
You may need:
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 2½ cups milk
- 3 T. butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 ounces dark chocolate chips (Ghirardell)
- Best whipped cream ever
- chocolate shavings
- In a saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add yolks and whisk.
- Slowly pour in the milk, whisking constantly.
- Heat this over medium heat but make sure you keep whisking!
- Boil 30 seconds and then pour into a bowl.
- Whisk in the butter, chocolate and vanilla.
- Let cool 15 mins at room temp and press a piece of plastic wrap on top-chill 3 hours.
- Scoop into dishes and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings!