This recipe was fabulous and if you love any sort of stuffed potato or potato skins or cheesy fries, then this is for you. This would be perfect when you have company over or for a real treat as a side dish which is how we enjoyed it. I had to go light on the sour cream because hubby doesn’t like it but if you do, then go for it! The best part is the combo of bacon, cheese and scallions-Yum!!!! So grab some potatoes, get them baking…then go ahead and load them up!!! Thanks to A Family Feast for this recipe!!! I adapted our version a bit so be sure to check hers out, too!
Loaded Pub Fries:
Loaded Pub Fries
- 3 slices bacon cooked crisp (use more if you want!)
- 2 pounds all-purpose potatoes was about 5 potatoes for me
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded(I did not use it all, will shred less next time but that's personal cheesy factor preference. lol)
- 4 scallions sliced
- Sour cream for topping if desired
- Cook bacon crisp and rough chop. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into wedges. Lay on rimmed cookie sheet lined with nonstick foil and drizzle on melted butter, salt, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Toss well to coat with your hands and make sure they are spread into a single layer.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Flip and roast for another 20-25 minutes or golden brown and soft inside when pierced.
- Put the potatoes close together on the cookie sheet, piling some and cover with a large handful of the cheese. (I did not use it all but you sure can if you'd like!) Mound the potatoes into four piles. Cover each pile with the cheese and return to the oven for 2 mins or until melted. Immediately top with bacon and scallions. Add sour cream, if desired.
- Transfer to a platter!