- 1/2 cup (1 stick), salted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Chopped Milky Ways,then place in freezer after chopping
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Let boil for several minutes until it starts to brown. Remove at this point (about 7-9 mins) and set aside in heatproof bowl for 5 mins.
Beat the brown butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients.
Stir in oats until dough comes together. Do not chill dough.
Preheat oven to 375F.
Scoop dough onto parchment lined sheet and bake 8-10 mins. Remove from oven and immediately press a few pieces of frozen Milkyways into the cookies. Let cool on the sheets.
Recipe adapted from Sally’ Baking Addiction