Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Brownies
Need a big batch of yumminess? These Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Brownies will fit the bill! The rich brownie base gets covered in a sea of chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups. Then you have the exquisite layer of rich, peanut butter cheesecake. Ooooh! Top all of that with some melted peanut butter and melted milk chocolate and you have the perfect base to add half a peanut butter cup on top! A dieter’s delight? Probably not… but it sure is worth the calories! Feel free to decorate the tops of the bars however you like. You can even decorate them a few different ways and serve a variety. That would look beautiful on a platter! This cheesecake can also be made in a 9-inch springform pan, if you prefer to serve it as a whole cake. Another perk? You can freeze the bars and keep them on hand for those last minute occasions! Just move them to the fridge a few hours before you’ll need them and you will be all set to decorate the tops. Peanut butter cup cheesecake brownies will definitely not disappoint! To apply the peanut butter and chocolate drizzle you can use an offset spatula to spread around the melted peanut butter and disposable piping bags are another favorite. You can put your chocolate or peanut butter in the bag, microwave it, snip the bottom and get drizzling. Then the best part is throwing them away with no clean up needed!
Just look at those layers! MMMMMMM!!!! You can see the chopped peanut butter cups sneaking a peek right out of the middle!
I love how thick the peanut butter cheesecake layer bakes up!
You may need:
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 2¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs lightly beaten + 2 yolks
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi sweet chips
- 1 cup Reese's chips
- 15 mini pb cups chopped
- 2 pounds Cream Cheese, Soft
- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ cups Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed
- 1 cup creamy Peanut Butter
- ½ cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 cup melted milk chocolate chips in a piping bag
- 1 cup melted peanut butter in a piping bag
- Full size pb cups, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Line 9x13 pan with nonstick foil letting it hang over edges for easy removal later.
- In a pot, heat the water to a simmer.
- Add cocoa and chocolate.
- Remove from heat and stir smooth.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter in a microwave.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Add the chocolate mixture.
- Add eggs/yolks and salt stirring well.
- Add flour to combine.
- Pour into pan and bake 20 mins. (will not be fully cooked)
- Let it cool a few minutes and carefully place the chips and pb cups on top of brownie.
- Beat cream cheese in bowl of mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add sugar, peanut butter and cream. Mix until smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- VERY carefully and slowly pour filling into pan. You have to be careful bc the brownie will still be runny at this point.
- Bake at 325 for 60 minutes. (I placed a small cake pan alongside this pan in the oven with some water in it to add moisture to the oven. This helped to prevent cracking.)
- Let cool and then chill in fridge.
- When ready to cut, let cheesecake come to room temp.
- To decorate each slice I drizzled on melted chocolate and melted peanut butter then topped with half a Reese's1
I hope you enjoy these bars as much as we did! Remember a tall glass of milk when serving these bars.