If you love meatballs, then you need to make this. Like now! Such an easy dish yet so outrageously packed with flavor. Even my oldest son ate this and that speaks volumes! I melted freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano on top but you can use any shredded cheese you like. I used my rockcrok pot from Pampered Chef to make these because it is safe for the stove top and the broiler. If you don’t have anything that is safe for both, just be sure to switch your meatballs into a broiler safe dish to melt the cheese. Serve with a side of pasta for a perfect dinner. Enjoy this Outrageous Meatball Parm!
- 1½ pounds ground beef (85% lean)
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I used Aleia's GF brand)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Sauce of your choice (approx two 24-oz jars)
- Parmigiano-Reggiano or Mozzarella cheese to top it off with!
- Mix all of the meatball ingredients and form your meatballs-not too large. I made 27 meatballs. Pan fry to brown them. Don’t worry about cooking them through-they will finish cooking in the oven. Preheat oven to 375.
- Pour some sauce in the bottom of your dish. Lay meatballs on top of the sauce. Cover with more sauce. Bake covered for 30 minutes. (Make sure they are cooked through. Uncover and dress the top up with lots of cheese! It should be covered with cheese!!! Broil for a few minutes until melted and bubbling. Serve with pasta and use the extra sauce.
Had to make a second batch….it was THAT good!!!