Red Velvet Triple Layer Cake with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 ½ cups cake flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups canola oil
- 2 ¼ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 ounces red food coloring
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 ½ teaspoons white vinegar
- 16 ounces cream cheese cold
- 12 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces white chocolate melted gently in microwave and cooled slightly
- 6 cups powdered sugar sifted
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease three 9-inch cake pans with butter and line the bottoms with parchment. Grease the top of the parchment. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, cocoa and salt together in bowl.
- Beat oil and sugar in an electric mixer on medium till well blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Lower mixer speed to low, and carefully add the red food coloring. Add vanilla, then alternate flour with buttermilk, starting with half the flour, then half the buttermilk, the rest of the flour, then ending with buttermilk.
- Scrape down the bowl, then mix just briefly till combined.
- Place baking soda and vinegar in a dish and stir to combine.
- Add this to the batter with mixer running. Beat for just 10 seconds.
- Divide batter between your 3 pans.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or till cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 10-20 minutes, then remove from pan and peel off parchment.
- Cool completely before icing. Trust me, or the icing will melt (yup, been there-you can't rush the process! LOL)
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla just till blended. Mix in white chocolate. Add powdered sugar slowly (2 cups at a time) and beat till frosting is smooth and at your desired consistency.
- Frost and decorate as desired.