Rolo Blondie Bars
Luckily it is time for another month of Two Sweetie Pies! Another month of 2 Sweetie Pies with That Skinny Chick Can Bake means another wonderful dessert! Always a success when you bake from Liz’s blog! Each month we bake up a recipe from each other and keep it a secret until reveal day! Super fun! Make sure you pop over to visit Liz and see which Hugs & Cookies recipe she chose this month.
This month I went with Liz’s Blondie Bars. She used M & M’s, yum! I swapped the M & M’s for rolos because I had them on hand and they were screaming to be baked! LOL You can use any candy you choose to spruce up this blondie base. The blondies are buttery and delicious! Thanks once again Liz for a fabulous dessert!
You can visit Liz on her social media channels here:
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons butter ( 1½ sticks), melted and cooled
- 1½ cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Rolos, cut in half (plus a few extras to garnish)
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
- Whisk melted butter and brown sugar together in medium bowl until combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Fold in flour, salt, baking powder.
- Fold in rolos.
- Spread into pan and sprinkle on the chips.
- Bake 27-30 minutes.
- Cool and cut.