Copycat Samoa Cookies
Samoa Cookies are very popular and quite possibly everyone’s favorite girl scout cookie. I think I prefer thin mints because I am not a coconut fan but the coconut lovers went CRAZY for these cookies!!!
You may need:
FAVORITE GIRL SCOUT COOKIES
- 1 cup butter softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- up to 2 tablespoons milk
Dipping the cookies
- 1 bag chocolate chips dark, semi or milk
- 3 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 12 oz. caramels
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or nonstick foil.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Add vanilla and milk. Only add a little milk at a time just to help dough come together. U don't want to add too much and make it sticky. Roll dough 1/4" thick and cut out circles. (NO cookie cutter? just use a glass upside down) Then u will want a smaller cutter for the center. If u don't have one, try using a straw or skip this part because the filling covers a lot of the center anyway! Bake 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate chips gently and dip each cookie. Ley on wax paper. I dipped the entire cookie but you can dip just the bottoms if you prefer.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and spread coconut on a baking sheet. Bake it and toss often until lightly toasted and golden -about 15-20 minutes. Cool on baking sheet, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Place caramels, salt and cream in microwave safe cup and nuke until melted and smooth about 3mins. When smooth, stir in the toasted coconut.
- Using a small spoon or spatula, spread the topping on the still wet cookies. Use any extra chocolate to drizzle across the top! Then u can set in fridge to speed the process of everything firming up.