- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 lemon cut in half
- 2 pounds large shrimp, raw, deveined, out of shell
- 1 cup mayonnaise (next time i will use a smidge less)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 3 stalks minced celery
- 3 scallions, chopped
Bring 5 quarts of water, the 1 1/2 tablespoons salt, and the lemon to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the shrimp and reduce the heat to medium. Cook uncovered for only 3-5 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl of cold water.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, wine, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and dill. Combine with the peeled shrimp. Add the red onion, scallions and celery and check the seasonings. Serve or cover and refrigerate for a few hours. some crusty rolls and pile it on!!!!
recipe adapted from Ina