Spinach Artichoke Quesadillas with Chipotle Shrimp
This is a winning appetizer that you will need to make over and over for your friends/family once they taste it! The nice part is you can easily make the dip and shrimp a day ahead so you have less prep work to do when your company is coming. This makes a perfect dinner, too!
You May Need:
- 1½ pounds jumbo shrimp
- 1 tsp. ground chipotle
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped coarsely
- 9 ounce box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed well to drain
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- a sprinkle of salt (can omit and add at end in case it's salty enough for you)
- ½ cup shredded cheese (I used mozzarella)
- Heat a little oil in a grill pan.
- Season shrimp generously and cook on both sides till done.
- Move to a plate and remove tails.
- Mix in a bowl the mayo, parmesan, artichokes, garlic, spinach and salt.
- Spread into a small casserole dish and bake 15 mins at 400 degrees.
- Heat a large frying pan (I used a 17 inch cast iron) and melt 2 T. butter or olive oil (or a smaller pan, use 1 T.)
- Lay down 3 tortillas and top each with some shredded cheese.
- Spread spinach artichoke dip over the cheese and grilled shrimp if using. Top with another tortilla.
- Cook until bottom is golden then flip carefully and pan fry the second side.
- Let sit a few minutes before cutting into quesadilla pieces.
Adapted from That Skinny Chick Can Bake