Spinach Artichoke Quesadillas
This month I went with Liz’s Spinach Artichoke Quesadillas! I used my spinach artichoke dip which was slightly different but you can check out her Liz’s Recipe here. I love how she pan fried the tortillas with some cheese and filled them with such a marvelous dip. Just brilliant and the perfect appetizer!
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped coarsely
- 9 ounce box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed well to drain
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- a sprinkle of salt (can omit and add at end in case it's salty enough for you)
- ½ cup shredded cheese (I used mozzarella)
- Mix in a bowl the mayo, parmesan, artichokes, garlic, spinach and salt.
- Spread into a small casserole dish and bake 15 mins at 400 degrees.
- Heat a large frying pan (I used a 17 inch cast iron) and melt 2 T. butter (or a smaller pan, use 1 T.)
- Lay down 3 tortillas and top each with some shredded cheese.
- Spread spinach artichoke dip over the cheese and top with another tortilla.
- Cook until bottom is golden then flip carefully and pan fry the second side.
- Let sit a few minutes before cutting into quesadilla pieces.