My son asked for thin chocolate chip cookies. Go figure! I have always loved a chocolate chip cookie as thick as I could possibly make it! But….after trying these I can see why he requested them. Super chewy and delish!!! Thanks, Alton Brown!
The first pic below is updated to make these into a crispy cookie! Just add on a minute or two of extra baking time if you like them thin and crispy!
Thin and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces whole milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream the butter in a mixer.
- Add the sugars and beat until fluffy.
- On med-low, add the egg, milk and vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto parchment-lined cookie baking sheets.
- Only 6 per sheet as they will spread.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Don't overbake!