THIS CAKE ALSO WORKS OUT PERFECTLY TO BE GLUTEN FREE!! JUST REPLACE THE FLOUR WITH “CUP 4 CUP” FLOUR!! IT IS THE BESTTTTT! *Note for gluten free, I did bake this about 10 minutes longer than written-cover loosely with foil the last few minutes if top browning too much.
- 3 cups flour (Or cup4cup if making this gluten free)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup butter, soft
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour (or cup4cup if gluten free)
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 glass baking pan with cooking spray or coconut oil spray. Set aside.
- In a mixer, add the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Once combined well, slowly stir in the melted butter. Pour into pan.
- For the topping, mix the butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together until well combined and creamy. Drop evenly over the batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out nearly clean.
- Glaze: Whisk the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Drizzle evenly over the warm cake.
Adapted from Chef in Training.
You May Love These, Too! XOXO