Cherry cream cheese danish in less than 30 minutes? Yup! It is not only possible but scrumptious, too! Whip this up for a brunch or afternoon tea and be a superhero to all danish lovers!
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry dough, thawed
- 8 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out pastry to 12×9″ rectangle.
- Cut in half lengthwise and cut each half in thirds.
- With a small knife, score a border ½ inch around the edge of each rectangle.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Divide it among the 6 danishes and spread. Keep it inside the scored area.
- Place 6 cherries in the middle of each.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool and dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Adapted from Country Cleaver-check out their fabulous blog!