Now here is a turkey I know the kids will want to sink their teeth into! Edible Turkey Pretzels. These were really fun for the kids to make, too! You will want to use the melting disks for this project as the chocolate will set up quickly and make these a lot easier to assemble. I used Keebler fudge striped cookies but any round cookie should work out!. Have fun and Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for YOU…thanks for visiting my blog! xoxo
- For each turkey pretzel:
- 1 pretzel rod
- 1 striped shortbread keebler cookie
- 2 edible candy eyes
- small piece of a twizzler for wattle
- ½ orange skittle
- 8 candy corns
- melted chocolate (Use melting disks from chocolate store or craft store)
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Dip pretzel rods in melted chocolate and set in fridge until solid, just 3-4 mins.
- Spread melted chocolate on the chocolate side of the cookie.
- Immediately lay the rod on top of the cookie and then place the candy corns all around the cookie.
- Use a toothpick and dip it in chocolate to apply the the eyes, beak and wattle.